Sunday, July 4, 2010

Okanagan Lake - July 4, 2010

July 4, 2010.

Out for a paddle today by myself. I launched halfway between the Summerland boat launch and Crescent Beach to the north.

A nice quiet little sandy beach and a very good launch site.





I travelled south along the lake shore, past the parks and through the marina.
A slight wind in the face heading south.








Heading south towards Trout Creek.






Another shot with the camera held down by the water. Just for fun. Must have more fun. Fun and more fun, I like that.






I went a little past Illahie RV park and then turned around and headed back. It was fairly calm for a while.








And another photo of the Summerland hill from my turn around point.







After about half way back north, the wind started to pick up and from the three quarter mark I was really facing some strong swirling gusts. Had to stop paddling a couple of times to hold my hat on. At the Summerland Marina they have a bird platform and I caught this one taking flight. I'm guessing it is an osprey.






Got back safely with no problem and loaded up and headed home. Here is my kayak just before lifting to my shoulder to carry to the car. I set it on a couple of chunks of pool noodle to keep the sand off the boat bottom.






It is interesting how the camera records the boat color when in the bright sunshine, turning the orange to yellow while leaving the orange color in the shade.

The GPS tells me I had travelled 8.9 km. paddling, and I was out there 2 hours. 

Thanks for visiting, leave a comment and keep paddling.

No comments: